Auto logon and Remote Desktop, can you have both?

Mikep7779

I had trouble with some machines that had auto logon enabled and remote desktop, BTW this is all on a domain. An account without any admin rights or remote desktop rights was set to auto logon. If you remoted with an account that did have admin rights, it would let you remote desktop, but it would somehow still log in with the auto logon account. I might add that we had force auto logon set, so that if somebody logged out it would automatically log back on. So what I think happened was the remote desktop would initiate a log off of the non admin user because the admin user tried to connect, remote desktop was initiated but then the auto logon kicked in before it could logon with the admin's credentials. Over RD, the shift key never worked to stop the auto log on. In the end, since we are on a domain, we would remote to another machine (or use the one were on) and use remote registry to shut off the auto logon, remote in, set the auto log on back on and then do whatever it was we wanted to remote in for.