WPI Bug?

I am using WPI 4.3.5 and found a strange bug.

What I did is I create a multiples DVDs, one for my OS, one for my office apps, graphics, etc. I used WPI as the autorun file in each DVD to install my apps.

I have no problem installing the OS, and then installing apps from the same CD or DVD.

What I found that is some cases, where I have to change the CD or DVD ROM drive letter, because I just install a new hard drive (I like my hard disk to have consecutive drive letters), WPI will not install any apps because it state it cannot find the programs anymore.

The same apply to notebooks, which only have CDROM drives. I install the OS from the CD-ROM. Then I attached the portable DVD-ROM to install the rest of the applications from a different DVD, and WPI will not be able to find the programs. The same DVD will run on a desktop machine provided the driver letter from which I install the OS's CD or DVD did not change.

This lead to to believe when I run the first instance of WPI, i.e., after installing the OS, it left some sort of code somewhere that force WPI always to look the same drive letter, even though WPI.cmd detects the correct drive through use of the WPI.ico file at the root of the CD/DVD directories.

This is a pain in the butt because I like to use WPI as an installer for all other apps, from which I can just tick what I want to install, go for coffee and come back after everything is installed.

Anyone can help?