tweaking fileopen size window

trodas

Guys, you all know the small (very small!) default size of winblows file (load, save) requester, right?

Okay, maybe I refresh your memory there:

fileopen_small.gif

Now, when I resize it, the IE window somehow remember it and unless I close it, it stays resized :)

That's good. However, anyone know, witch registrer and how bend, so it will be bigger each time I or application open it - forever...?

I looking for register tweak to tweak the size (and perhaps position - more into middle I would like it much more) of this requester.

Anyone know?

...I get info that I should modify the dialongs into the comdlg32.dll file, so...

If I back up the comdlg32.dll file, nothing bad could happen to me :D:P

(except maybe a temporary inability to use open dialog requester :laughing: )

So I get the Resource hacker:

http://www.snapfiles.com/get/resourcehacker.html

And start tweaking.

Copy comdlg32.dll to temporary folder and open it with Resource Hacker. Look for resources named as dialog with numbers 1552 and 1547. For example notepad uses dialog number 1547. When you select it, Resouce Hacker will show sample dialog box for you. Now you can either manually edit dialog size values from script or edit the sample dialog. Just drag dialog size bigger or move dialog elements. You see how numbers in script changes accordingly.

Screenshot of my modification of the load/save request:

fileopen_big.gif

But NOW...!

Now - I suceed by enlarging the Load/Save dialog window - anyone know WITCH dll I have to edit to get enlarged the directory selection dialog??? This one:

directoryselectreq.gif

I very much like to see it BIGGER :)

Anyone, please???

I firmly believe that anything can be tweaked :)

At least as long, as it contain scripts that open windows - these could be altered with resource hacker rather easy:

user32dll.gif

...as you can see, there is the only one major window into the user32.dll file, but it certainly is tweakable :w00t::)

However it is not the file - this is not the requester I want tweak. Any other dll's, suspected that might open the directory pick-up requester, please?

Or any way to determine witch dll's are called and when, so one can track the suxxka down?

On Amiga, using SnoopDOS one can see ALL the calls from application to operational system, especially the library openings and functions calling. Nothing like this is on winblows, many years after?

****, someone must know witch file I has to edit... :blushing:

• 2 weeks later...

What websites... aaaaargh! :lol::blushing:

Well, yep, Im a hell of a pervert ;-)

Any problems with it? :whistle:

alrichey - thanks a lot, mate! It took me a long, to find the dialog I wanted to tweak, but on my way I tweaked a lot other dialogs anyway, so... :lol: ;-)

If anyone want hit just the right one, then go to the:

Dialog/1079

Dialog/1087

Reboot to find what the hell happen ;-)