CD Installation from WPI

When testing my WPI installation in Virtual PC it reports that the applications can not be found on the CD.

For example when installing OpenOffice I use this information :-

%CDROM%\Install\OpenOffice.exe /S

Now when I change the %CDROM% to the actual drive letter the installation works as expected.

Im obviously wondering if the issue is related to the way Virtual PC handles drives and renames drive F: to D: in this situation which is the optical drive.

So can anybody clarify this situation or inform me if I have my switches wrong ?

When testing my WPI installation in Virtual PC it reports that the applications can not be found on the CD.

For example when installing OpenOffice I use this information :-

%CDROM%\Install\OpenOffice.exe /S

Now when I change the %CDROM% to the actual drive letter the installation works as expected.

Im obviously wondering if the issue is related to the way Virtual PC handles drives and renames drive F: to D: in this situation which is the optical drive.

So can anybody clarify this situation or inform me if I have my switches wrong ?

i believe it must be

%CDROM%\\Install\\OpenOffice.exe /S

i believe it must be
%CDROM%\\Install\\OpenOffice.exe /S

Quite strangely enough this 'change' makes no difference what so ever, however I have resolved the problem now by testing WPI on a system NOT using Virtual PC and both my switches and yours work without problems.

My Virtual PC installation renames some of the drive letters which includes the optical drive and perhaps this is what creates the issue with WPI, im really not certain. But outside of Virtual PC all works correctly

Just thought I would mention it incase anyone has similar problems

Edited by UnseenMenace