Graphics Problem With S3 Prosavage DDR

amit_talkin

I have a P4 2.0 GHz , 512 MB DDR PC with onboard 32MB Shared Graphics Memory Support. & S3 Prosavage DDR Graphic Driver, Asus P4Mxx series mother board....i have installed once a game...TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES 2003....but it was not running slightly...stickying each time when i played it.....while when i installed same game on a CELERON 1.7 GHz, 128 RAM, Mercury Mother Board, Intel Chipset & just 8 MB onboard graphics Memory Supported pc...it was running smoothly!!!!!! so what the problem with my P4 2.0 GHz...32 MB onboard pc?????

you may need to find an updated driver for your S3

maybe this link might help..goodluck

http://www.viaarena.com/default.aspx?PageI...60&SubCatID=112

if thats not the one you need then search using google

This is the 13.94.33 build. for winxp (Or, if you prefer, the 6.14.10.33 version.) This expects DirectX 9 to be installed

uninstall old driver before installing a new one.

be sure to create a restore point beforehand.

i have the newer version of my graphics handler ( S3 Prosavage ) and also having DirectX 9.0c although i having the problem!! :( ....and other thing...i played the game to very very low resolution 640X 480..with no extra details....but it didnt work!

likely its still the driver that needs fixing and the makers never addressed that specific problem yet, possible they never will, likely all you can do is send S3 a tech support email, maybe they can help further but if their like nvidia then dont hold ur breath on that responce.

I had a similar problem.On my motherboard's drivers CD I discovered a hidden folder called "Installation".Inside, among other files was a virus named "reboot".The virus cannot be discovered by scanning the CD, but scanning the HDD after installing drivers.To avoid the virus installation, after installing Windows, I copied the drivers on the HDD and run them from there.