CMOS problem

Mersey

I have recently installed a new motherboard and am receiving this error 0163 press F1 to resume.. and it just keeps looping... I installed a new CMOS battery and have the same error code coming up....making me nuts... any ideas? I have searched everywhere and keep getting same answer..put in new battery.. and reset date and time which i have done.Thanks

I have recently installed a new motherboard and am receiving this error 0163 press F1 to resume.. and it just keeps looping... I installed a new CMOS battery and have the same error code coming up....making me nuts... any ideas? I have searched everywhere and keep getting same answer..put in new battery.. and reset date and time which i have done.Thanks

Have a look Here, it is similar to your problem, not saying it will help you, but.........

oldwolf

Well, as is usual, you didn't give us enough info about your system to formulate anything but the wildest guess as to what's causing your problem.

So taking a SWAG at it,,,,,I'd say you're trying to make your old OS (probably some form of Windows XP) boot up on a new mother board. Didn't anyone ever tell you....YOU can't do that?

XP's high security protection just won't allow it.

You're going to have to re-install windows and get a new registration code from MS.

Good Luck,

:whistle: