Computer Screen

tal ormanda

While playing with the paint program i turned my whole background brown and noticed that left half of the screen was a tiny bit lighter then the right half and it wasnt a straight line that divided it. Did my screen burn inside or something. What has caused this?

Magnetic things can cause this dude. Do you have your speakers near your monitor? Anyway, most of the time 'DEGAUSS' works perfectly. I hope your monitor is digital not analog. Go to menu of the monitor, find the thing seems like horseshoe :). Your display would vibrate for a few seconds and you'll have normal display.

if that doesn't turn out to be okay, then the tube's inside the monitor are dying.. they eventually turn from blue to pink :D

i had this problem on my very old monitor, main cause as said, is magnetic stuff then aging....

If you got speakers beside the monitor, turn off the monitor, move the speakers away. However, most current speakers have magnetic shielding. Another thing to do is, if you've got a woofer, move it away. BTW, you prolly know this but you shouldn't for anything open up the monitor. I really hope I'm not insulting you, I just wanted to restate it. Good luck with that man!

i got these everything with dell. i doubt its the speakers and i moved them as far away on the desk as i could. and its not the colors its just it looks like the back melted and its a little noticable.

Edited by tal ormanda