Cannot Find Nt Loader - Oh No!

jenanay

Hi Everyone :hello:

Im new to making multiboot dvd, but thought it would be a great project for my os class. I have followed FlyaKite's instructions, made the iso and burned it, but when I boot to the dvd the menu comes up, and I can select, but then it says "Cannot Find Nt Loader". Any ideas on what I did wrong and how I can fix it? Any help would be great! Thanks!

Jen

sounds like the setupldr.bin file was not editing correctly. i would suggest using VMware to test out the DVD's you make instead of burning cd's that become coasters... also, make sure the .DAT file in the root points to whatever folder you created that contains the boot files.

Ok well that got rid of the ntloader problem. Now XP is working fine. But Im having other errors when I try to boot up 2000 Advanced Server and the rest of my os's

Error : File not found

Command: chain Line 122.2 File: Cdshell.ini

Its gotta be a problem with my boot file but I have no idea what. This is the first boot file I have made.

Thanks.

Jen

well, your problem is in the cdshell.ini file... make sure each line in the 'MainKey' section looks something like this "if $lastKey == key[2]; then chain /2PRO.DAT" ... and make sure the files you are chaining actually existing. the 2PRO.DAT file in my example would need to be in the root of your DVD.

Well I really messed up my master boot record.

I cant log into anything now, and have tryed many things. Im emailing from school. So I am going to have to reformat the whole drive now. Anyway, Ill be back to let you all know how that goes. This forum is great by the way.

Thanks.

Jen

Hi all, I'm new to this multi boot DVD, i had follow the steps in the flyakite doc. I'm stuck in the testing and burning part. i can't seems to get the cdimage running. Can i use nero instead ? If yes, what setting should i set ?

you really need to use cdimage... it prevents duplicate files and reduces the overall size of the dvd... did you create a folder in the root of your C drive called AIO-DVD? if so, then put cdimage in the root (NOT in the AIO-DVD folder) and open up a command prompt and type the following.... (do not type <hit enter>... actually hit the enter key :))

cd.. <hit enter>

cd.. <hit enter>

start cdimage.exe -lAIODVD -t08/23/2001,09:00:00 -b\AIO-DVD\BOOT\loader.bin -h -n -o -m \AIO-DVD C:\AIODVD.iso <hit enter>

let us know how this works out for you.... if your AIO-DVD isnt in the root of your C drive, let us know where its at.

I had added the AIO-DVD folder and the cdimage.exe in the root folder. I had also run the command that is given, nothing happened.

start cdimage.exe -lAIODVD -t08/23/2001,09:00:00 -b\AIO-DVD\BOOT\loader.bin -h -n -o -m \AIO-DVD C:\AIODVD.iso

Is there anything that i need to change ?

I don't think i have the loader.bin in the boot folder.

ok, i found the loader.bin. I can't seems to build the ISO using the cdimage.exe...

After i enter the command, the screen just flashed and nothing happened, no ISO created.

However, i can create the ISO using the GUI version of cdimage.

After which, i boot up using vmware, it report that no bootable cd found in the ISO

Still no bootable CD detected....created by the GUi version, the command prompt doesn't work....

anyway, i only did for winxp pro and win2003 ent.

wondering what might the problem ?

Do i need to do for all the list OS and extras ?

thank you for your patience...

ernest