Can you have Linux on a dvd with windows flavors?

CptMurphy

I was able to combine the cds for RedHat into one ISO and it worked. However, I'm having trouble combining it to my windows dvd iso. I've looked around here but the thing is that everyone uses Fedora. I'm not sure though since I've heard Fedora is RedHat? I don't know, I'm just lost on this. Also, when I do remake the iso, do I also use the RockRidge format? Thanks to all.

Fedora is a community supported Project and has help frm RedHat

RedHat stopped producing consumer OS its now only on server field

thos editions are paid subscriptions

the fedora project has support frm RedHat

One Qn.

how did u combined the Fedora iso s into one ?

to add windows to this is use some multiboot shells like CDShell or use EasyBoot

put windows root to the root of the iso as usual and setup is booting -->refer multi boot CD/DVD forum

to boot linux , setup the multiboot shell to boot to images/boot.iso or may it can be put to the root of the CD

I think this method will work

or do an alernate method

get a bootable floppy image of syslinux or GRUB and setup it properly to boot the install kernel in the isolinux folder (kernel : vmlinuz ,RAMDisk: initrd.img)

or try to boot to "isolinux/isolinux.bin", i dont know does it work or not , bcoz i havnt tried it

Well, all I did was I first put the last CD into a directory, than the one before it, and so on, replacing anything it asked me to. Than I put in the first cd last. The next part is important, use UltraISO or another boot file extractor and extract the boot file. Name the boot file to anything, doesn't matter, also don't worry about the extension, just make sure to use the same program later to reload the file. Okay, now, open up the .discinfo file in some third party app since I don't think microsoft lefts you leave it unnamed. Where it has a 1, it's right before it says /Redhat/base... and so on, replace it with 1,2,3 but leave everything else, including the directory lines intact. What this'll do is look for disc 1, 2, and 3 in the same disc where the directories are. Really simple, easier than windows to be honest. Now, when you go to make a new ISO you should have saved the Volume ID from the original discs. If you didn't, no problem, just pop the disc in or open up the original ISO, anyone should work, and look at the properties in the ISO prog. It'll say the Volume ID and other info. Copy this info to the new ISO verbatim. Next, load the boot file that you have saved previously. In UltraISO its Bootable->Load boot file. That's it. Just save the ISO to RockRidge standard, I didn't choose to optimze, in fact, to simplify it, just put the same settings as the original ISO, then test and burn.

Edited by m3n70r

Ya.. there the problem goes

as far as i know M$ doent support RockRidge

so u have to make the iso in Joliet support ,and of course linux support it

okay ...

isolinux is used for loading install kernel

so frm the multiboot loader call the boot image u saved in order to boot linux

keeping in mind that "isolinux" folder should be in the root of the ISO