Running logoff script

beol

Like the Topic..

Is its possible to run a script when the user makes a shutdown ?

(Start -> shutdown)

I know i can make a script that shutdown the pc when its done but can it run automatically ?

Best regard

Benjamin

As you can see, English is not my native language, therefor I didnt understand exactly what you wanted.

However, if you want to make a script to shutdown a computador, all you have to do is something like this:

shutdown -p

And save the .txt file as .CMD

Hope this helps.

beol

what is it your trying to acheive? delete some settings, some temp files then shutdown?

i wanna copy a file from the client computer to a netdrive

I know in Microsoft AD there is a policie thats enable "logoff" scripts

But i don't run AD i run Novell

• 2 years later...

Hey,

My corporate computer got a logoff script. This is not a problem when I'm on the network or offline without having wifi access. However, when I have VPN connected with wifi access and then logoff, then it takes 10+ minutes to logoff... what can I do to rectify this problem?

Thanks for all your help!

instead of waking a 3 year old thread it would be better to have started a new thread.

But since it has been done, if you have control of the logoff script add code to check what network you system sees and don't run if the vpn is active. By the sound of it it is timing out while trying to contact your domain controller or a filer which is not properly contactable when on the VPN Ten minutes is the default timeout for startup.login.logoff scripts on a domain.