USB FDD not working with XP

Hi everybody,

I bought a USB Floppy Disk Drive [Mitsumi USB FDD 061M] - "P/N: 9756898832582" "S/N: U 256988" -. However, after purchasing the said drive, I found out that it does not contain a driver that is compatible for Windows XP. The driver that was installed by Windows XP by default is not compatible so that the said USB Floppy Disk Drive is not working.

I connected it with another computer having Windows 98, and the said USB Floppy Disk Drive worked excellently, but on my computer that has Windows XP, it does not work. Although after installation the Floppy Drive Icon is displayed, the drive does not work. I tried to search for a compatible updated version of the driver for XP, but to no avail.

Would you please help me out in this regard, and guide me as to how I can make the said USB Floppy Disk Drive run with Windows XP.

With best regards.

Catherine

If you bought this hdd for a laptop, sometimes the laptop manufacturer website will have certain drivers that could help you solve the problem. I really did not know that USB floppy drives required drivers...I thought they were more like plug and play.