Ram Question

gamehead200

I recently wanted to do an upgrade on my crappy computer...Add a 40GB HD, add 128MB RAM...What I need to know is what kind of RAM I need...I took out the RAM from this computer and this is what it says on all 8 chips (the model and the company):

EliteMT

M12L64164A

I'm guessing that this is SDRAM since I looked up the model number on Google and said that it was SDRAM...But what I also need to know is if it is PC-100 or PC-133...Can someone help me out with this?

Look on the last black chip, some manufacturers put their logos or seals on it. After obtaining the name of the manufacturer I would go call their 800 number or find them on the internet. Ask what type of RAM this is, because from serial numbers, there is really no way to tell ...

Need to know what motherboard you have and what processor you are running.The chipset source would also help,(ie.) VIA KT133.You probably can run either pc100 or pc133 unless you are running an older K6-2 or Pentium MMx board.Anyway you are right that physically they are the same.

make it easy on yourself....

Download cpu-z

http://www.cpuid.com/cpuz.php

and run it, then look under your memory tab and see if its pc100 or pc133. Now if its pc133 then all you need to do is grab another stick of pc133. If its pc100 then look under the motherboard tab and go to the manuf website and see if that board supports pc133. :)