Windows 2k3 as a desktop - 2 questions

ZenLord

Hi there, just experimenting some with this great tutorial, and I cannot find a clear answer to these questions:

1. Are _all_ XP drivers usable in 2k3? I cannot find specific 2k3-drivers, so I think I would have to use XP drivers... And going 1 step further: can I use the BTS driverpacks for my ua2k3-cd? (his site only mentions WinXP, but if 2k3 uses the same driver model as XP...)

2. Since the changes made to Win2k3 (explained in the MSFN-tutorial) to make it usable as a workstation are all pretty straightforward and probably registry-related (except the adding user / installing DirectX): has anyone found out which registry entries have to be altered? If so: then these changes could be forged into 1 .reg-file that can be merged via RunOnceEx, so that the installation can be completely unattended I guess? And if no-one has done this already, could someone explain to me (briefly) how I can detect which changes to the registry are made? Maybe I can be the author of this .reg-file (that eventually could be attached to the tutorial)...

THX for your time and looking forward to get some answers or links!!

Zl.

Windows xp drivers do work in 2k3. And as far as converting 2k3 to a stand alone workstation with direct x and so forth I had a patch (legal) that turns everything on for you, Sorry I dont know the name of it or a link but you will find it if you google the web

@Dirtwarrior: THX! I'll try to search the net for that patch! I read somewhere on the forum one can take snapshots of the registry and look what has changed in between these snapshots -> that's probably the way to assemble a .reg-file I guess?

@Nois3: THX for your reply, but I don't see how this link helps me in any way... I have read the guide, and since nLite patches uxtheme.dll for me automagically, that page is of no use to me at all (or am I overlooking something?)

Zl.

Windows xp drivers do work in 2k3. And as far as converting 2k3 to a stand alone workstation with direct x and so forth I had a patch (legal) that turns everything on for you, Sorry I dont know the name of it or a link but you will find it if you google the web

As a correction, not all XP drivers work with Windows 2003. Perfect example - my Logitech Messenger Webcam. The drivers for it cause the dreaded BSOD on startup, and require booting into safe mode to uninstall. Most built-in hardware (anything inside the computer case) will work though.

For the rest of it, follow the guide.