yellow progams

breadandbubbles

is there a way to prevent a new program from turning yellow in my programs folder on Windows XP Professional Edition?

In an explorer window, choose tools, folder options, view, and, (on mine) 3rd from the bottom in the scroll list, show ntfs compressed or encrypted files in colour.

oldwolf

My bad, was thinking of something else entirely.

It should be this:--

Windows XP has many handy little features that are supposed to make it easier to use, and many people appreciate them. However, sometimes the features can be just annoying. One such feature is the highlighting of newly installed programs on the Start Menu. By default, when you install a new application, the newly created Start Menu icons will show up in a different color until the are clicked on, and a little bubble will pop up when you open the Start Menu also informing you that something new has been installed. You can turn this feature off pretty easily if you grow tired of it. Simply Right-click the Start button, and choose Properties. Then click the Customize button, and click the Advanced tab. One of the first couple things at the top of that tab you should see is a check box next to "Highlight newly installed programs." Simply uncheck that box (by clicking on it) and click OK and OK, and this feature will be turned off. If you decide you want it back on someday, simply check the box again.

(thanks to google) hope this helps

Edited by oldwolf