Remote Desktop in XP HOME

SimonSez07

supposedly there is a way to get remote desktop to accept incoming connections in windows xp HOME. (by means of a hack of course). i have read of people getting this to work but i cannot find how to do it.

i have tried the method that entails changing 2 bytes in setupreg.hiv on the xp home cd, but that requires to *reinstall windows* before remote desktop will work!

i have also tried using tweaknt (registry tool) to "change" windows to pro, and then enable remot desktop by registry:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Terminal Server]

"fDenyTSConnections"=dword:00000000

BUT "terminal services" service will not start. even if i manually start it, it just stops again.

anyone know how to get this to work??

thank you for your suggestions, but i am really not looking for another remote access option at this time. i have tried many other software in the past (pcanywhere, vnc, gotomypc, ...) and many are great programs, only in this instance i specifically require remote desktop.

thanks again. - simon

what about remote assistance? If you "Require" Terminal services then this should fit your call. It is the same protocol, same ports, same speed.. just slightly different from the user end.

Why is specifically "Remote Desktop" required.. what are you trying to do?