Cyberlink DVD Solution Silent install?

Pantner

Hi, i have the LG 4163 DVD Burner, and would like the software for it to install silently when i install my unattended windows...

but i am unable to get it to install...i got nero to install by itself using a "/silent" switch...but Power DVD won't work like that (has an error message when i run it sepatatly...)

so, anyone know how to get it to install silently (the whole CD...)???

i also tried the "/?" switch, and didn't get anything...

hey, thx for the reply both of you

@MAVERICKS CHOICE, yeah, i did a search, but for the Cyberlink DVD solutions...not Power DVD...i would rather do it as a single install rather then 5 different entries...

@BoardBabe, is that to get Power DVD working? or the CyberLink DVD Solutions??

I don't really know what CyberLink DVD Solutions is, but it most likly works the same way. Look for a Custom.ini file from your install folder! If it exists add Silent=1 to it and try run the installer. It should install completly silent.

For single install of Power DVD 6, I included; Power DVD6, Update Patch, Language Pack, registration info and settings in ONE single silent .exe file using WinRaR SFX. Using this exe Power DVD gets silently installed, updated and configured as I want it.

The Cyberlink DVD solutions is the software that comes with the LG4163 and LG4167 DVD Burners...it includes NERO, PowerDVD, PowerProducer, Acrobat Reader and InCD all in one...

i have put the "silent=1" into the custom.ini file which is in the same directory as the setup.exe file for the main program...so, i assume it is in the correct place...i just need to test it...prob is, i can't do it on my PC, cause it'll prolly screw up all my software :P

yeah...but it still means i have to install windows from scratch...AND, for some weird reason, the last few times i tried doing it, windows wanted me to activate straight away, before i could get into windows...so, not sure why...