.INF shortcuts question

miko

i'm working on an .inf file and i'm stuck with two shortcut changes i want to make

1. i want to put a shortcut to 'My computer' in the 'Quick Lauch' Toolbar

(not an expandable one, just one too open the 'My computer' window when clicked)

2. i want to make the 'Windows Update' shortcut in the Startmenu folder hidden (not deleted)

i have a feeling this is the easier of the two.

any ideas/tips/examples/links ?

many thanks for any help.

Edited by miko

Thank You :thumbup

@ bookmarked ! (for study)

sorry sounding like a dumbass but this kinda thing is really not my forte,

btw does anyone know what the syntax of a my computer shortcut target is (i think it's a CLSID somehow) :blushing:

i might find it though (goes of to crawl through MSFN searching with 'updateinis')

still can't figure out how to create the shortcut, but i've checked (i run 3 side by side installs of 98se on different partitions) and a My Computer shortcut is binarily (sp ?) the same every time it's created (in all 3 installs) so i'm just going to include and copy into position during install, i think i might have the change to read only thing cornered now as well. . .

it would still be nice to know how to create a 'My Computer' shortcut form inside an inf file if anyone knows how.

(more 'professional' i think, plus one less file to include)

I use this INF code to create shortcuts to Pinball + Spider games in %windir% -> Start Menu -> Accessories -> Games [default location]:

SETUP.INI,progman.groups,,"G2=Accessories\Games"
SETUP.INI,G2,,"""Spider Solitaire"","%10%\SPIDER.EXE",,,,"%10%",,""Play Spider Solitaire Card Game"""
SETUP.INI,G2,,"""Space Cadet Pinball"","%10%\PINBALL\PINBALL.EXE",,,,"%10%\PINBALL",,""Play Space Cadet 3D Pinball Game"""

2G.INF is part of 98SE2ME:

http://www.msfn.org/board/?showtopic=46349

U can customize the code to your needs, of course.

Hope this helps.

Edited by MDGx