language problem

Hello,

I am trying to use wpi with several different languages and am having problems.

I am using version 4.3.5

I have tried it on Chinese MCE 2005 and German MCE 2005

The chinese just gives me script errors and when the page loads there is no writing just buttons. You cannot click the buttons because when the mouseover tries to work you get an error.

The german works fine except its in english. I tried with the default lang.js and the one also listed in the sticky.

I tried changing the language in the optionswizrdtemplate.htm but that seems to have no effect.

If I need to specify a language in one of the scripts can you please let me know which script. Or if I am doing something wrong I would appreciate any help.

Thank you!

Okay I tested it over here and switching the languages using the options wizard (selected while WPI is running) and both of them are working fine. Might be a problem with language barriers and you running it on chinese and german OS'es

Does WPI work fine in english?

Also you did try just switching the language in the options menu while WPI is running right??

If you want to change the language while WPI look in the useroptions.js file and it has a line were it saves the 2 letter lang entry for the language to be used.

You can get the 2 letters for each language out of the optionswizardtemplate.js.

Edited by kelsenellenelvian

I think I understand what you said about filling in the sections. Did you mean in the header of the lang.js file?

I am currently reloading the Chinese OS.

Yes it works fine in english and german but the german is all in english.

The big problem is the java errors in chinese.

But I will report back after I get the os installed again and test the new lang.js file.

Hopefully I did it correctly.

Thanks!

Ok So the chinese still doesnt work.

You get a java error when the page first loads

After you get to the page you get another error 'txtRunOnceExTitle' not defined

Then when you put the mouse over a button you get the error 'ttInstall' Not defined.

Thanks again for your help.