TGA previews ?

miko

TGAs don't work in either the windows 98SE thumbnail view or the webview preview,

however i'm almost sure had them working once ages ago,

i believe they may work after installing office or word

(i had a word (97 ?) install long time ago when i was modding Quake),

what i'd like to try an do is isolate what is necessary to make them visible (reg entrys, dlls etc)

TGAs are used a lot in various game engines (and the modding there of), so this would be very handy

any ideas ?

PS. i know there are alternatives but nothing beats native 'in explorer' support imo.

not quite what i ment, but thanks anyway :}

theres a freeware version of this i've used before called Context Viewer (which uses Susie32 plugins)

http://www.virtualplastic.net/html/toptools.html

can anyone a least confirm that TGA thuimbnails/previews work if you have word (97 ?)/office installed ?

:unsure:

Edited by miko

i've seen both these before (the second is in my favorites in case i install XP someday)

what i'm trying to get at is that TGAs actually have most of the right registry entries preexisting to show up in thumbnail view etc and like i said i'm almost sure i had them working before with no outside apps (except maybe a Word install) i believe that an extra ActiveX control or registry entry is installed that causes them to work (possibly alongside the Word documents preview) or suchlike it's that i'd like to track down.

it's possible (if i'm right) that it could just be a registry registry (or several there of)

Edited by miko

• 6 months later...

:thumbup everybody likes some new functionality right ?

i've discovered that if you install the MS paint filter pack from MDGxs site (GRPHFLTS.EXE)

TGA thumbnails will start to work !

TGA_THUMBS.jpg

very cool if you work with various game engines (Quake, HL etc)

where this image format is used for textures & skins

Edited by miko