Kerio Personal Firewall EOL 31/12/05

rikgale

Dear All

I just found this sad news whilst doing some reseach for a review and I thought that I share it with you

Hello all,

Kerio Technologies has grown into a significant player in both security and messaging markets. We have achieved many accolades, and we have many satisfied customers all over the world.

Kerio now employs over one hundred people in our three offices worldwide. We want to continue to deliver products that you enjoy to use. We made a promise to give our customers the best products in their category. And that means implementing some changes in our product strategy.

During the second half of this year, Kerio will be discontinuing two host-based security products from our portfolio – Kerio ServerFirewall and Kerio Personal Firewall.

Kerio Personal Firewall will be discontinued as of December 31, 2005. It will not be available for purchase after this date. Subscriptions will not be renewed. Technical support will be provided to all customers with valid subscriptions until the end of 2006.

Thank you for your support of Kerio.

Cheers,

Joshua Thomas

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Joshua Thomas

Technical Support Manager

2350 Mission College Blvd, Suite 400

Santa Clara, CA 95054

Phone: (408) 496-4500

Fax: (408) 496-6902

http://www.kerio.com/support.html

and

Hello all,

Just to be clear on this point:

If you have a valid subscription (you've purchased KPF in the last 12 months or have renewed your subscription), then you CAN GET SUPPORT until December 31st 2006.

KPF 4.2.0 is the last version that will be released. The firewall will continue to work, it won't stop working on December 31st 2006 =)

You may have noticed that we've also discontinued our host-based firewall, Kerio ServerFirewall. Kerio is making a decision to refocus on our core products: Kerio MailServer on Kerio WinRoute Firewall. The reasons for discontinuing these products are the same as with any company: Are the products profitable, and do they make sense for the company's long term plans? In our case, the answer is no.

I guess from all the shocked threads, you like KPF. Thanks. I can't comment on any plans to sell it to someone else, I really don't know.

Cheers,

Joshua Thomas

[updated on: Wed, 21 September 2005 22:15]--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Joshua Thomas

Technical Support Manager

2350 Mission College Blvd, Suite 400

Santa Clara, CA 95054

Phone: (408) 496-4500

Fax: (408) 496-6902

http://www.kerio.com/support.html

The link to this forum post is http://forums.kerio.com/index.php?t=msg&th=7040&start=0

"The digital age marches on, leaving many in its wake" - Me

Well,

with Sygate (taken over by Symantec) and now Kerio, that's hard to tell, isn't it ... but those are - as long as it applies - two major players in the software firewall market - and my personal favourites ... let's cross our fingers for someone coming up w/ a similarly brilliant product. :}