How to Make Firefox Load Faster

Lost Soul

im not sure if everybody knows this trick but heres how to cut your firefox load up times down

How to Make Firefox Load Faster

Firefox may run quickly but it loads slowly; here's how to fix it

Note: This tip is not suitable for inexperienced computer users.

You can slash Firefox's slow load time by compressing the DLLs and executables. There are many choices for compression but I suggest you use UPX which is free, efficient and time proven.

1. Download UPX from http://upx.sourceforge.net/#download

2. Unzip upx.exe into your Firefox installation folder which is normally C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox.

3. Make sure Firefox is not running then shell to a command prompt in the Firefox installation directory.

4. Type in the following command in a single line and hit return:

for %v in (*.exe *.dll components\*.dll plugins\*.dll) do upx "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\%v"

5. If on some later occasion you want to unpack the files, just type in the command above but add the decompression switch "-d" after "do upx."

hope some one finds this useful

me im running 25 plugins and i cut my load up time down to a pinch over 3 seconds

original article

http://www.techsupportalert.com/how_to_mak...efox_faster.htm

yea i know about the preloader but with this method you dont need to use an extra program running for any small footnote, it will just load faster and its simple but thanks for adding that to this thread, i hope these will help some one :)

Might have to try that...but doesn't UPX add overhead to the on-the-fly compression?

Also, the Firefox Preloader is good when it works...and when it doesn't it really gets annoying. It essentially keeps a copy of Firefox always loaded, but that also means your user profile is always loaded too! Too much wasted RAM.

• 2 weeks later...