Help with cab ?'s

ok ive been hunting high & low for this..

If i put $OEM$\$Progs\ResHack\*.* into cab files would they in the copy process by windows uncompress those files, if so then most things in the $OEM$\folder could be compressed into cab files aswell?

because in my xpdvd im using 1.4gb worth of progs in the $OEM$ folder that would be heck of a lot smaller if i could cab them..

You could and make a referece to them in the text setup portion of the setup. Then windows could (theoretically) de-cab them to their proper places by these references. But then the registary entries would have to be entered via the HIVESFT.inf and all link would have to be made by hand. It's better to just install the programs and save your self the headache.

hmmmmmmm, that dont sound too bad, mind u im not sure where id have to add it to the setup text section... so far theres 200+ programs, so that would be eiser if i could compress them & then windows uncompress them..

But even if there was a way of uncompressing them at the 1st login.. is that possible?

or even if i just can uncompress the files during copying as the registry info ive already got 1 reg file that adds all the registry details for all the programs..

& that kicks in on 1st logon..

Edited by ghostware2004