OverClocK AMD 64

KamiQuazi

ok im back, the first week of overclocking you will need to burn in. wht you are trying to accomplish here is to make your cpu run and the lowest voltage possible while remaining stable, thus allowing you to up the voltage more later on.

download clockgen

http://www.cpuid.org/clockgen.php

download prime 95

http://www.mersenne.org/freesoft.htm

now you need to go back to ur stock speeds if youve changed anything!

now you need to run prime95(it will run ur cpu at max speed) for an hour, then every hour use clockgen to lower your voltage by 0.025 until prime95 fails. use large ffts for prime 95. once it fails then you can close clockgen and keep prime95 running for a whole week! yes a whole week. you should run it at least 8 hours a day but if you leave it on longer then the better it will be, so if you NEED to use it then you can exit prime95. or if you need to sleep and the comp is in ur room....

make sure to write down the conrtol/base so you have a benchmark for how the progress is going. you should see by next week how much more stable the cpu is.

Edited by ripken204

Ripken: I'm having problems here.... When I install my chipset drivers and restart the computer... windows just goes into a loop... but i can use the 'last best compatiblity' and i can get back in.. but it takes my drivers... i need my drivers... what i do?

:wacko:

Ripken:  I'm having problems here.... When I install my chipset drivers and restart the computer... windows just goes into a loop... but i can use the 'last best compatiblity' and i can get back in.. but it takes my drivers... i need my drivers... what i do? 

:wacko:

You are talking about your MSI board and trying to install the nForce 6.66 drivers correct?

Is there a quicker way then the one week thing? I just a little pressed on time... Ie.. today... Wake up at 6, leave house by 7, at school by 8, get hone at 2, at 3 be back at school, get home at 6, then be at work by 7, come home and do homework from 10-12... so.. anything quicker? lol