Bug with Install Order

I have found a problem with the Install order function in that it does not adhere to the values defined in WPI in some cases, and thus mixes up the program install order for two programs in particular.

The Google Toolbar for IE is to be installed immediately before CuteFTP 7 Professional

The values input for the install order have the Google Toolbar at 019 and CuteFTP at 020. Yet even in the debug mode the registry entries that are made put CuteFTP in front of the Google Toolbar with something like 018 for CuteFTP and 019 for the Google Toolbar.

I've attached the config.js so that it can be plugged into WPI 4.2 or perhaps the latest internal version. Let me say that this bug does NOT appear for the WPI configuration used on my XP cd. In that case, the install order values for Google Toolbar and CuteFTP are 034 and 035 respectively. It works fine there. But for my server 2003 cd... the order function is unreliable (perhaps based soley on the values for whatever reason).

config.js

BTW: just to add to this. When I make the Toolbar 018 and leave CuteFTP at 020. It enters 016 for CuteFTP (instead of 20) and puts the Toolbar at 018 as it should be.

When I move the Toolbar down to 016 in WPI and keep CuteFTP at 020. It continues to put CuteFTP at 016, but this time it moved the value I put for the Toolbar (016 in WPI) to 014 inside the registry. Very strange.

Sorry to fuel my own post but this is much more revealing than anything else. Just enable everything to be installed in debug mode, click install and look at the actual values input into the registry. The only values that are what I've entered into WPI are the first 005 and the last one. Everything in between seems to have taken on values of its own.