MSI wait params?

Itanium

hi,

I'm doing some unattended install with RunOnceEx and realized that few applications are not installing.

I tried then to put an all my msi packages the /qb switch instead the silent one to see some error messages:

Another installation is already in progress. Complete that installation before proceeding with this install.

Is there a way to put an msi on wait before the next one starts?

[start /wait -> EXCLUDED!]

what's the difference between msiexec /i file.msi /qb AND file.msi /qb?

msiexec.exe is the interpreter that executes msi files. Without specifying it, the system has to check the registry for the association to what executes msi files. Same could be shown if you wanted to open a text file. You could type Notepad file.txt. Wait will not work on file.txt alone

Being explicit is usually best method.

more history :P

i have slipstreamed dotnet framework sp1 and sp1fix into one sfx-rar pack. using RunOnceEx i have included this package beside other silent installations and realized that it is not installing. it doesn't mater where i put dotnetfx.exe in RunOnceEx list, it will produce the same overlapping...

;The comment below contains SFX script commands

Path=%TEMP%\netfx

Setup=netfx.msi /qb

Silent=1

Overwrite=1

tried:

1. used Setup=netfx.msi /qb

2. used Setup=msiexec /i netfx.msi /qb

3. used Setup=start /wait msiexec /i netfx.msi /qb

4. used Setup=start /wait "" msiexec /i netfx.msi /qb

returned:

1&2. it unpacks the archive and the it jumps to the next item in the RunOnceEx list running both in parallel. if the next item is an msi pack it gives me error above (see previous posts)

3&4. error when launching: Windows cannot find 'start'. Make sure you typed the name correctly and then try again. To search for a file, click the Start button, and then click Search.

start /wait used with RunOnceEx gave me same msg...

any solutions?