documents and settings.HOSTNAME

joana1

hello

last version of windows xp sp2 english installed with nlite

C:\documents and settings

i keep getting this strange folder

Administrator.HOSTNAME

it's the username.THE_COMPUTER_HOST_NAME

if i don't remove i will get Administrator.HOSTNAME001 then Administrator.HOSTNAME002...

no settings are saved when i reboot it's like if there is a new user/profile each time

why??

thanks

i used to get this if there already was an existing filder with the same username.

if administrator exists, xp setup creates an administrator.********* folder which is used instead.

try formatting

Try formatting? Are you sure that will work...

Sounds like something isnt closing out the profile properly causing it to create a new profile every time you log on.. Try downloading this utility from microsoft which is meant to help user profile issues.. This isnt something you configure.. it runs as a service and helps close down the profile. You just install it and run

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...&displaylang=en

If during the install you are creating a user folder called administrator, when Windows logs on for the first time it will detect that folder already exists and create the user acc with the hostname as part of the folder name. The way out of this would be to not create a user folder, but to wait untill the first logon before copying anything into it, use a sfx after first logon, instead of $OEM$. Hope that helps :)