IP monitor

gheron

Hi

I am a newbie, I am doing IT support and find it difficult to manage all the IP addresses, and was wondering if anybody can point me in the direction of a piece of software, which monitors when each IP address is being used, and was last used etc

There is probably software that does this somewhere but wondered if somebody could suggest th best?

Hi again,

just a little bit to add to previous post. The only reason I would like a piece of software like this is because I have been told to find free IP addresses that are not being used anymore on our network because we have run out.

Cheers

P.S Let me know if this is posted in the wrong forum please, any help would be appreciated

I just started a few months ago, and I do not know why but the company does not use DHCP, we are currently still using static IPs, but think we are upgrading soon. (Mayb why I am being told to find the free address)

Cheers, I tried to extract that program but Macafee V8 recognises it as a trojan and port scanner and wont run?

I've used Angry IP scanner, someone recommended this app on this board and it's sweet. Free and you can also obtain hostname, username, etc.

You can find it here:

http://www.angryziber.com/ipscan

I had to download it at home and bring it in because our gatekeeper had blocked this website.

I've used Angry IP scanner, someone recommended this app on this board and it's sweet. Free and you can also obtain hostname, username, etc.

You can find it here:

CODE

http://www.angryziber.com/ipscan

I had to download it at home and bring it in because our gatekeeper had blocked this website.

Cheers

Thats exactly the sort of thing I am looking for!!