Very slow vista!

sinjon2112

• 2 weeks later...
Hello, I need some help installing this driver.

I downloaded the .exe file as per the link provided by rico2k_uk and ran it but all it did was extract its contents to a folder. Can someone give me a detailed description on how to install it.

Thanks!!!

:)

Same Here

• 2 months later...

sorry, been a while...

okay.. you have to install the os the slow way - cant get around taht...

start it in safe mode, go into device manager. on the processor, click on update drivers, manually select the drivers you downloaded, and reboot... all should run perfect in normal mode.

• 5 months later...

I Have the same problem with Vista running slower than molasses except in safe mode. I have an X2 4200 and tried the k7, but noticed that my machine already has k8. I also installed ATI's new Catalyst driver that has Vista drivers, but no avail. Any Suggestions???

ok I installed the driver for both cores in Vista Beta 2 under safe mode. Restarted and got a BSOD. Restarted again and same thing. Went back into safe mode, updated driver to original and all was good again, but still fairly slow. Any other suggestions?

i just finished downloading windows vista build 5384 (10 hours) im installing it now, ill let you know what i think of it when im done. but so far i like the new install gui. thanks microsoft for the public beta. see MS aint that bad guys! ;) ill also let you know if i have the same problem with my AMD athlon. hopefull its fixed.

-brian

vista is done installing. man i like how it looks. :thumbup i thought Microsoft had it great with windows XP, this is just a bigger step ahead. i really like this! and it didnt take that long to install either.

-brian

SubNerve are you referring to Vista Beta 2 in your last post? I have experienced slowdown's as well with Beta 2 with a system with similar specs, I wonder if this same driver would work with the latest build.

Yeah Beta 2. I have to go into safemode and force the driver, then reboot and it works. However, if I reboot again or shut down the machine, windows resorts to the old driver and it is sloth slow again. I have a feeling it's the beta and not my comp. I sent a report to Microsoft and am waiting for a reply.