Windows Installer Help

The Rock

Hi, I am very new to this site and have very high hopes from you guys regarding my problem. I am not new to the MS WinXp, but wayyyyy behind you guys.

My problem is:--

Whenever i install and MicroSoft Product or Symantec product, or any product linked to windows installer, i recieve the following error:-

MSIEXEC.exe - Ordinal not found

The ordinal 280 could not be located in the dynamic link library msi.dll

When i see the Windows Installer, it is set to be automatic, but not started. When i start it manually....it says

Could not start Windows Installer service on Local Computer

Error 5 : Access is denied

i have copied a new msi.dllfile, a new Windows Installer 3.0, a new Instmsi.exe, and did everything that was possible with the help of Google, Unregistring and Reregistering certain dll's to certain registry tweaks, but to no avail. The only solution as i can see is Formatting the hard drive. But thats as far as I can see, not you guys. Please help.

I am using Windows XP Pro SP2 RTM2180 (Legit)

All drivers updated

No virus

No adwares

No spywares

No Drivers Conflicts.

Please tell me which files to replace, which to register, and which to delete and where to get them from because i replaced my original files with new ones, maybe they're corrupt too. Also tell me the locations to put the respective files.

If you could post the files here, that would be helpful.

I'll appreciate your help.

I'm not really sure how to fix this, but I've had similar problems when I upgraded my Windows Installer through Windows Update... I remember searching and finding a solution at the microsoft's support site.

Also, are you using nLite or a modified installation of Windows?

Please tell me which files to replace, which to register, and which to delete and where to get them from because i replaced my original files with new ones, maybe they're corrupt too. Also tell me the locations to put the respective files.

If you could post the files here, that would be helpful.

I'll appreciate your help.

Have XP replace the files for you. Open a command console and type

sfc /scannow

This will check the protected files on your pc and replace any that require it. It may or not solve your problem, but is good to rule out.

Thank you for your help guys, i shall be doing it now.

Have XP replace the files for you. Open a command console and type

CODE

sfc /scannow

This will check the protected files on your pc and replace any that require it. It may or not solve your problem, but is good to rule out.

Do i have to put the XP CD in the ROM? and i have XP SP1a as i installed SP2 on it so would it work?

And no i am not using and modified or nLite version.

Thanks

download and install the latest windows installer package

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...&displaylang=en

Windows Installer 3.1

The Stupid setup says:-

Could not verify the integrity of Update.inf. Make ure if Cryptographic service is running on this computer.

When i checked the service, it was set to Automatic and running. I stopped it and started it again, but same thing again.

I restrated but same.

Man i have to use the Norton Antivirus and all the Windows Updates.

I am new to this website and saw the things like ATTACHMENT. Is it possible for anyone of you to send me the files?

Trying sfc /scannow.

Thanks

sfc /scannow

This is not working. I went to the CMD Prompt, went to the Root Directory, and typed the code, but nothing happened. i tried the other /[Options] but nothing again.

There has to be a solution to this.

Please someone who know help me.

SFC doesnt nothing.

It is still there

i wrote

sfc/scannow

it did nothing

i said /sfc other options, it said reboot is required, i rebooted, nothing.

Please help i have a lot on stake.

And NO, it isnt an nLite Installation.

The Rock