Mozilla Firefox problem

Nerwin

My browser just stop working :realmad: and when i restarted it. It said that i need to select a profile and i could not so i had to create a profile so i did and i lost everthing my bookmarks all that stuff

is there a way to get that back?

You know I used FireFox for quite a while even though I wasn't too happy with the way it did a lot of things. Then what happened to you happened to me. I tried everything too. Must have spent the better part of a whole day trying to find not only my bookmarks, but my settings and customizations. That's when I decided to ditch FireFox in favor of Maxthon. And I have to tell you I'm kicking myself in the a** that I didn't make the switch much sooner.

My browser just stop working :realmad:  and when i restarted it. It said that i need to select a profile and i could not so i had to create a profile so i did and i lost everthing my bookmarks all that stuff

is there a way to get that back?

This is usually cause by firefox not quitting properly. Open up task manager and look for firefox.exe. Kill all the processes, then reopen firefox.

I've seen this problem when I load plugins, especially the adobe acrobat one. Only one that seems to ever really work properly is the quicktime one.

I had this happen to me twice, except I didn't create a new profile. I just close firefox and then loaded it again and everything was fine. I think your profile still exists, but now firefox is using the other one by default. All you have to do is go into the profile dialogue box and select a new one.

This is usually cause by firefox not quitting properly. Open up task manager and look for firefox.exe. Kill all the processes, then reopen firefox.

This is what I did when I had that problem, and I didn't lose any of my bmarks. Hope it works for you computerMan B)

This is happening because firefox is trying to access a profile that is still in use by your system either hung or you have a hidden process accessing your profile like AV.

I usually keep a back up of my profile in case I want to reload firefox for this reason or an upgrade.

http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/profile#locate

Grab your profile uninstall and then reinstall and load your profile if the other advice here doesn't work