XP Asking for Username and Password

That's strange... I've always done networking without the Guest account. Have you tried using a login of a user on the remote computer? For me, it's always remembered that setting (probably since there was a password involved).

Try leaving the workgroup then rejoining & remapping the drive.

I'm thinking here that the Sid's for automatic logon have changed since the reformat, which would cause the incorrect username box to appear.

When you enter it again, only the user/pwd is used to authenticate and since that exists on the server, you can log on.

Leaving the workgroup and then rejoining should reset all the Sid's for the reformatted computer, allowing you to access the drive without entering a username/password.

Hope that works for you.

That's strange... I've always done networking without the Guest account. Have you tried using a login of a user on the remote computer? For me, it's always remembered that setting (probably since there was a password involved).

I will try this! ;) However, I'm pretty sure it will work... Hehe... Oh well, guest account sucks! :P

Yeah... the guest account does suck. That's why I always disable it on my computers... it also helps to protect us security paranoid people from having "guests" on our computers... ;)

Yeah... the guest account does suck. That's why I always disable it on my computers... it also helps to protect us security paranoid people from having "guests" on our computers... ;)

The guest account is never fully disabled. Only your ability to log on locally with it is.