Page File Suggestions

ringfinger

Need some suggestions on what would provide the best performance with my pagefile assuming I have a 74GB Raptor on a SATAII controller and another 120GB (7200rpm) backup aslo SATAII. On the Raptor I want a 10GB C: for system/program files, and the other 60GB as backup. I want the 120 as one partition, all backup. Which of the following scenerios would be the best:

1) Pagefile on the 10GB C: partition along with Windows and program files

2) Pagefile on the 60GB D: partition along with backup

3) Pagefile on a completely different drive, the 120

I guess the other option is to leave the Raptor as all one partition, which I won't mind, having it divided makes things easier for me generally though. FYI, this will be on a system with initially 2x512mb Kingston PC2 5300 @ 667MHZ, and eventually 2GB. All ideas/other options are welcome as well. Thanks all! :thumbup

Can I throw in another suggestion... put a pagefile on both the raptor and the secondary hard drive. Windows will take care of the rest to give you the best overall performance. It will find where it can fastest access the pagefile and the files that you need, and adjust as needed.

If you have two disks, I've found it better to put a System Managed pagefile on both.

I can confirm what Zxian said.

I had a PIII system with 256MB and when i put another HD in it (not on the same IDE channel!) and split the pagefile, the increase in performance was very! noticable, mainly because of lack of memory.

Greets

Davor