Can anyone Recommend a router?

Cyber Axe

Heh I was going to recomend a NETGEAR router, they are fantastic.

Having a standalone PC I only use the DG632 but Ive never had any problems, and my brother also has the DG814 which had teething problems at first but the latest firmware which was quickly released has sorted all the problem out and never had 1 disconnect since.

I love the 632 though, so small and great looking :P and the admin panel is so easy to use. Had problems with Punkbuster and torrents in the past but just forwarded the ports and everything is brilliant.

Edited by Mekrel

*Shoots Linksys router*

/Dead

/Buried

I've noticed with my Netgear router that whenever I turn my computer on I don't get the "Acquiring Network Address" message anymore.

Perhaps....who else said they had that "Acquiring Network Address" problem? Are you/were you by any chance using a Linksys router?

*gasp*

Sacrilidge!!!

And as for the "Acquiring Network Address" problem I was having, it was because I had disabled the NLA service. Chilifrei confirmed this for me. Ever since I turned the service back on, I haven't had this problem at all.

• 2 weeks later...
i have a s*** souter that cost me quite a bit not that long ago and its s*** unfortunatly i had to get soemthign that connected to the net cos old modem burned out and my i somehow ednedgetting this pos

anyway every router i look at on the net seems to have some downfall

i'm looking for one that can connect to ADSL has built in switch WIFI at a  minimum b and g though i'd like Pre-N/MIMO too even though i prolly wont use it for ages and a firewall

along with easy yet good configuration options liek the ability to open a ranege of ports some routers dont do this

and most imortatnly DOES NOT CRASH when connected to p2p networks and bit torrent

would be nice to have one that also had VoIP built in though not really needed at the moment

so anyone know any decent routers? thanks

I've had great luck with the Belkin 802.11g routers, myself. I've got a pair of them, actually, one doing my routing and one setup as a wireless bridge. I have the bridge box in the living room on the wall behind the 61" and run my ethernet cables from my PS2 and XBox for online gaming. Works *excellent*, if I do say so myself!

Jason