Mouse and video is choppy

ceez

Hey there peeps.

I installed Vista on a 2nd drive and I am dual booting.... I tried using MSVPC but I cant even get past "select which drive to install windows onto" section...

my prob is that I was able to install it but it's very very choppy. The mouse jumps and moving windows is just as bad. I am a 1.5athlonXP, 640ram, 65mb radeon card.... should be able to meet its medium standard of installation requirements.

I checked the device manager and the vid driver is installed. I even changed the theme from aero to classic windows but no luck.

Any ideas on how to get aound this problem?

thkz

ceez

:thumbup

lol...

heck if a 128 and 256 mb vid cant run longhorn then what will!?!?!

I even downloaded the ATI drivers for longhorn (vista) beta, it doesnt list my card but I tried anyways....no luck installing those drivers :(

Anyone else has encountered this problem, how can I (we) solve it?

thkz for your help,

ceez

its really frustrating, particularly because vista is the only operating system running on my box right now, and i can't re-install XP because i only have a USB keyboard and the bootable XP setup won't recognize the usb keyboard...

how can i mess with my chipset drivers?

also, i put in the disk to install my video card drivers and it never finishes, says i need to be in administration mode or something? its really screwed.. it always fails using the driver setup program.

if i manually select and install my drivers i can get windows to use the ATI drivers for the Radeon 9200SE rather than the Windows Drivers... haven't been able to check the success on that one though, as vista is now reinstalling from the DVD... it started bluescreening and couldn't be repaired.

Edited by addivinum

i guess that's why it is still a beta.

i might just try reinstalling it again and see what happens Maybe something screwy happened during install...it took me about 2 hours to install on a 1.5mhz athlon xp.