Windows 2003 - Javaw.exe

I am having a problem with one of my windows 2003 servers. I keep getting this program, javaw.exe, it seems to be eating up all of my processor time. I usually have trouble once this happens logging onto the server. I do have Mcaffee running on this server I was just wondering if these programs are related. I also need to know if maybe there is a know problem for this which in my research it seems there is.

And if anyone knows about an update for this program that might fix the problem.

Thanks for the help

Well I was told at one time that this program was needed with Mcafee's ePolicy Orchestrator program. I am not sure if this is correct but that is about all that this server is used for. I can kill this program in the task manager and it works fine for a while but it seems like there are two instances of this program and after a while it will happen all over.

The bad thing is though that I do not see java in the add remove programs list. I'm not sure what program is running it. I do kill off the process and it doesn't seem to break anything but don't really like doing that

Search on your PC where javaw.exe is located and this will give you an ideea what to delete. If it's in Program Files (where is should be) look for a file called uninst.exe or something similar. That's the uninstaller. ;)

There's a another more brutal way: delete the folder where javaw.exe is located and then run Regcleaner 4.3 to clean all the invalid registry entries. It helps also if you run Norton Windoctor and select the DELETE option to repair each problem. I know it's a harsh method but it works for me.

I looked at the site you gave me and I didn't see anything about java there.

I was looking at my server again as to what is installed there and it is pretty bare in the way of servers. I only have like 3 things installed on it.

File replication pro

McAfee ePO

Symantec Ghost - which we don't even use from this server anymore.

But other than these things there is nothing else

Any know problems with these Apps

well i would also look for a bit torrent client some where on you system namely azureus it to uses javaw.exe, Ive seen a system that had been exploited and it was being used as a file transfer point, thus consuming all available ram.

just search for javaw.exe this should point you towards what ever is using it.

also search for *.jar these will be files required for javaw.exe to work.

Hope this helps.