Compatibilty Issues With Rdram

yash

hi

i am using a intel D850GB AAA60568-900 MB.

i need to upgrade my ram (rdram).

i have a stick of

128 MB/4d non ecc manufactured by elpida.

model: MC-4R128FKE6D-845. G100 S110

i need another stick of rdram which would be compatible with this one. I have done quite a bit of seach and found some good options, but not the exact one. Could anyone please let me know of websites which sell compatible sticks ??

hi

i did check all these sites. But no of them have the same model number. So i was wondering if any of you faced the same problem as me and could let me know if different model numbers would be comaptible ??

also my memory right now has a RAS access time of 45ns while the ones in the market all have RAS access time of 40ns. would this make them incompatible ??

I don't think you have just 1 stick as RDRAM works in pairs. I have two 128 sticks by Samsung and 2 more by Kingston.

Kingston uses Samsung moduels...so that might not be a good example.

To make sure that ram will be compatable, check a few things,Timing, chip count density

For instance, to sticks of 128 can have several different counts of chips and densitys....

=Drew

Here is what I did to match my Abit mobo with the right memory,and they guarantee compatibility.Go here 1stChoiceMemory You have to buy the better or precision brand but your getting something more reliable I think.

Edit;I checked for your mobo and initially there is no match but when ordering the better memory look at whether it is compatible and it says to list the model of mobo.They will match it up for you.Pretty expensive memory.