uninstalled SP2

PoorBob

Hi everybody...

If you don't like stupid people you really shouldnt read any further. ;)

I was looking at the "Add or Remove programs" window, and accidentally pressed the "change/remove" button for SP2 (****!! I feel stupid :blushing: ) so without further notice SP2 was removed from the list.

I found a reference to c:\windows\system32\SP2.exe in the registry under "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run" but I cant find SP2.exe in that folder or anywhere on my computer (yes, viewing hidden files)

I tried windows update but it didnt find anything missing and nothing seems to be wrong, so I wonder if what I removed was only a setup program or something.

Don't know if I should worry about this at all, but anyway it would be nice to see what all you experts out there have to say about it.

System properties: General: System:

says

Microsoft Windows XP

Home Edition

Version 2002

Service Pack 2

Anyway, sorry for being a triggerhappy dummie.

Redownload and reinstall SP2 to be sure that nothing important was deleted from the uninstall of SP2... I would do it if that happened to me.. but since i intergrate everything i don't have any problems and it saves time in the long run 4 me... ;)

Thank you for your replies...

I wonder what I did, nothing seems to be missing (well, I'm not sure what I should be looking for that would be missing) and everything works just fine.

Anyway it was removed from the "add or remove programs" list in a second and I guess it would take some more time to unintall something.

I would also have suspected that some comfirmation button or something would have poped up. I just had enough time for a brief glance at what I was removing before it was gone.

Do you have a file called SP2.EXE in your "/windows/system32/" folder?

lostincyberspace2007: but since i intergrate everything i don't have any problems...

Could you explain to me what you mean a little better, I havent got a slightest idea what you are talking about. :}

Anyway thanx again, and boooggy I think its a little to late :P but I'll try to stay cool!!

slipstream sp2 into your xpcd: http://unattended.msfn.org/beginner/slipstream.htm

xpcd u have it and sp2 pack here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...&displaylang=en

also in the end u will have a cd that contains xp with sp2. in this way u save a lot of space on your hard drive. also read here on this forum about RyanVM's pack and Nlite.

Edited by boooggy