Ocing A Intel 2.4 To 2.86

XPerties

Intel's are ez overclockers, especially with that nice heatsink you got xperties.. Max I ever had mine running @ was 1.53GHZ (XP1800), it performed better then a real XP1800 in benchmarks, to bad it wasn't stable :) (btw, I'm on a 1.33GHZ T-Bird AMD)

ThA_FiLeR what make of fan/heatsink do you use on your 1.33GHz to oc to 1.43GHz?

I'm interested cos I have a 1.33GHz thunderbird too.

keep in mind he said it didnt run stable. I got my P4 to 3011 last night, but it wouldnt boot. AMD are such a pain to overclock, you pratically need water cooling to cool them. To dam hot for me

ThA_FiLeR what make of fan/heatsink do you use on your 1.33GHz to oc to 1.43GHz?

I'm interested cos I have a 1.33GHz thunderbird too.

keep in mind he said it didnt run stable. I got my P4 to 3011 last night, but it wouldnt boot. AMD are such a pain to overclock, you pratically need water cooling to cool them. To dam hot for me

I was talking about that it didnt run stable when it was @ 1.53GHZ (153fsbX10) which is compared to an XP1800 and performed better, but when my room temp went up some more it overheated and crashed.... but currently im running it stable @ 1.43 with a 143bus 10X multiplier, you can probably have it running stable also at 150 if your room temperatures are cooler (I live in FL, hot over here).. My current HSF is a Dragon Orb 3..

EDIT: Oh, and my current temperatures:

CPU: 44C

MoBo: 28C

Room Temperature: 20-22C

On a full load it goes up about 2-3C

isn't an AXP 1800 supposed to perform as as well as a theoritical t-bird @ 1.8 ghz?

Don't know, either they started naming them Athlon XP's when they are above a specific mhz or its just a totally re-designed chip(which I think) b/c you can also buy XP chips that run at T-bird speed (mhz)..