start cmd command dont run

zlatin

Hi, please help me with this problem,

In a not updated Version of Windows XP you can run (Start-run) "start" command at the Run dialog just typing it, when you update windows and write the same "start" into Run dialog Windows shows a error message >

Windows cannot find `start`. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. To search for the file, click the Start button, and then click Search.

If you are in CMD the `start` command works fine but the problem is the in Run dialog windows doesn’t recognize it ?

Anybody know how to fix this or what windows update not to install ?

Please Help

Thanks in advance

Zlatin Boykov

the problem is that I have a program that uses the start command, and when I thy to use my program in updated windows it dosnt work! I need to find a way to use the start command directly. The start command is an build in command adn dosnt exist as a file. Somebody know how to configure this commands or somethis simillar.

Thanks

Try your cmd this why from the run box.

%Comspec% /C MKDIR.exe %systemdrive%\TEST

%Comspec% start/w /C MKDIR.exe %systemdrive%\TEST

I tested both of those cmds from the Run Box, on Vista and each made the folder TEST on my %systemdrive%

Start wasn't a command in sp1 either!

The quickest method would be to create a batch file and name it start.cmd, within it just add a line similar to

%comspec% /c %*

and place it in a location under %path%. This way the start command would launch this file which would run the command shell using the remainder of your command as its parameters.

You can then use it temporarily whilst you correct your error in your programs coding.