Aurora - Part of The ABI Network

MDVill

:blink: This virus is making me go crazy!!!

I don't know whare I went online...I usually don't go to any places that would contain viruses...but one got me. There is this program taht is now stuck in my computer...I don't know what it is called, but I know that it is screwing with me.

Whenever I go online, even with ad-watch, this ad keeps on coming up with some kind of thing that they are trying to sell, and at the top there is a thing that sais "Aurara - Part of the ABI Network".

Another thing that happens on my computer s this program called Win-Fix...it comes onto my computer as an ad saying something like "your computer is infect...would you like to fix it?" Of course I exit out of the window...but then suddenly...Win-Fix downloads itself onto my computer, and it doesn't let me stop! I just automatically "scans" my computer...but I press cancle before anything else happens and then I remove it completely from my computer.

But the **** thing keeps on coming back!

If anyone has any information on any programs that I can use or any way to fix this problem...please reply ASAP

Thank you,

.:Blue Fire:.

The evil makers of aurora somehow evade the "adware" tag. maybe it is because they offer a uninstaller, even though they make it impossible to find.

http://www.mypctuneup.com/

Aurora is "Nail.exe" BTW, if you want to remove it manually. After this run Hijackthis to find it's other crumbs.

also, this post really belongs Here, just for future reference.

Edited by dman

I had that on my laptop. It was horrible. Even after I had removed the main Nail.exe file, pop-ups came like crazy.

Here's some advice that may work (because I uninstalled mine the wrong way):

Reboot into safe mode.

Click Start->Run->

%systemroot%\nail.exe /FullRemove

After that, download and update the following Anti-Spyware programs, then run them in safe-mode:

Lavasoft Ad-Aware SE

Spybot Search & Destroy

Microsoft AntiSpyware (beta)

Make sure you also do a virus scan!

Hope that helps.

Edited by Wicket20519

I had that on my laptop.  It was horrible.  Even after I had removed the main Nail.exe file, pop-ups came like crazy.

Here's some advice that may work (because I uninstalled mine the wrong way):

Reboot into safe mode.

Click Start->Run->

%systemroot%\nail.exe  /FullRemove

After that, download and update the following Anti-Spyware programs, then run them in safe-mode:

Lavasoft Ad-Aware SE

Spybot Search & Destroy

Microsoft AntiSpyware (beta)

Make sure you also do a virus scan!

Hope that helps.

Nailfix will kill it all. Do as Wick said, use the three above scanners plus CWShredder.