I must be stupid, but...

OK, so I've setup and configured WPI in $OEM$\$1\Install\Auto\WPI\. The \auto\ folder contains items I install automatically with RunOnceEx.Cmd (7zip, acrobat, the basics) and then I call WPI with the last line of RunOnceEx.CMD.

WPI loads and looks great. I select the button to install all the software, and it checks the boxes just fine. When I click "Begin Install", however, what I get is an error.

JAVASCRIPT ERROR REPORT: Message: Object doesn't support this property or method. File://c:\install\auto\wpi\wpi.hta.

File: Main.js

Line: 138

I am using WPI 4.2 as of this morning. I call all my files from %systemdrive%\install\optional\<Appname>\<AppInstallerExecutable.exe, and WPI is, of course, called from %systemdrive%\install\auto\WPI\WPI.CMD.

I didn't get this error a few days ago when trying version 3.61, and the only thing I've done since then is add my apps and change the wallpaper.jpg in the glossy theme.

Any help would be ducky!

Jason

cant read before around ? posts 21+23

And how were we supposed to know this was mentioned in the bottom of a thread that had not even a hint of this issue in the title? Also, the thread you point to still doesn't have a resolution. I understand where you're coming from, but there's no reason to be pushy, bubber :)

Jason

:huh: sorry for helping you countrylessman. :huh:

I understand where you're coming from

i am not shame for being romanian

still you seems to be shame for you unknown country ?!

can you explain us what are you understand ?

so what meaning you're coming from for you ?

i was born in Romania ,

i live in Romania ,

i am 38 ,

i have a kid ,

i have a very good job . so i am proud .

do you see me at your door begging for something ? :no:

do you want something from me ?

is that a natzi site ? at least the title of this thread says another ...

case close for me . 12 days on black sea beach from tomorrow . B)

hehe, you just made me lol oneless. Such a big reply to JasonGW just because you misunderstood the meaning of the phrase "I understand where you're coming from".

So don't refer too much to the title of this thread :P

Anyways, i'm still experiencing the same prob as the ts and the solution didn't become clear to me from the other thread neither.

@SiNNuT

I am just fidling around with 4.2 and came across the same problem. I agree there is no answer given, yet. Not in this thread, and not the one oneless is referring to.

BUT....

his remark in the other thread made me think and experiment a little. I found that if your locales are set to anything other than English (United States) it doesn't work. (I actually only tested Dutch(Netherlands) but I assume the problem exists with other languages).

Then there is the audio problem. If you disable the option "Play audio in WPI" than you get the error in line 138.

So this is a work around (this realy is NO solution)

* set locales to English (united states)

* configure WPI with the option "Play audio in WPI" set to Yes!

<edit>

Oops, after some more tweaking I found the language isn't an issue.

BTW, the thread referred to by oneless is still active. There are more people with this problem. Go check back to that thread for moer info.

</edit>

Edited by MadMarty

Wow, that was odd.

Anyway, so I am about to try it with music ENABLED. I'm not quite sure why I would *want* music here, but...OK. Seems like a feature that doesn't really belong in this application, to me ;)

Jason