Raid and Vista

Neos

If you have a raid system you are unable to install Vista beta 1, cause there is noway to get to the driver load option (at least for me, nforce 3 user).

So i extracted the boot.wim and made and bookable iso from, it is around 250mb. I tried adding the nvraid drivers to the iso but so far without success. I added the inf file's to %image%\windows\inf

The .dll and .sys files i added to the %image%\windows\system32\drivers or %image%\windows\system32.

I'm not an PE expert so i probably did something wrong somewhere, any help on this is appreciated.

Vista doesn't currently have raid capability (except for a single Intel chipset, apparently), as far as I know. I've been working diligently to find a workaround for nForce4 chipsets, but I simply think it's not available atm.

If you have a raid system you are unable to install Vista beta 1, cause there is noway to get to the driver load option (at least for me, nforce 3 user).

So i extracted the boot.wim and made and bookable iso from, it is around 250mb. I tried adding the nvraid drivers to the iso but so far without success. I added the inf file's to %image%\windows\inf

The .dll and .sys files i added to the %image%\windows\system32\drivers or %image%\windows\system32.

I'm not an PE expert so i probably did something wrong somewhere, any help on this is appreciated.

I was having a similar problem. In order to install the raid controller drivers, you need to create a new driver floppy disk with the .cat, .ini, .inf, and .sys driver files. DON'T include a file called txtsetup.oem because this is why Windows Vista setup does not load the drivers for the raid controller. Setup should now continue normally. Also, boot from DVD to install.

In order to install the raid controller drivers, you need to create a new driver floppy disk with the .cat, .ini, .inf, and .sys driver files. DON'T include a file called txtsetup.oem because this is why Windows Vista setup does not load the drivers for the raid controller. Setup should now continue normally. Also, boot from DVD to install.

As Vista does not use the TXTSETUP.OEM file, it is useless to delete it.

In my case (nForce4 chipset with nVRaid and 2 S-ATA hard device disks) I did not find any chance to install Vista Beta1 on my system, neither the 32-bit nor the 64-bit version.

What be need is a new nForce SataRaid driver, that works with Vista!