G24U

Martijn

Had not checked this thread in a few days, sorry.

@Martijn- The increase in letter size helps. I can and do occasionally increase the font size on some webpages with cntrl-scroll in Firefox due to them using very small fonts ( smaller than yours ). Yes, presbiopia ( kind of means 'sight of the elderly' ) is catching up with me. Something else I thought about on the shade of the text is that being a lighter grey, it seams to indicate less importance to whatever is written. I think that is just a psychological effect, but it is there none the less.

@prathapml- I followed your instructions and for all appearances, it only seemed to decrease my monitor's resolution. I can check it on the desktop and it still says I have a resolution of 1280x1024 but all fonts, icons, window bars and buttons are just larger like I have gone to a lower resolution. That being said, the contents of webpages were not affected. All components of a webpage are still exactly as they were before. Odd. I am going to go back and de-sellect cleartype and see what that looks like. Then I'll try cleartype and lower the DPI. If I don't see anything with that, I will just go back to original settings.

DL

Edit: Ok, went back and set to standard for fonts with 120 DPI and that just made all the letters thinner on their lines and strokes but not smaller ( to be expected with an increase in DPI and maintaining the letter size ) and the overall appearance was still of a lower resolution.

Re-set 120 DPI back to 90 and put back Cleartype and that had a nice effect. The letters were definately clearer. Never used that before. Thanks prathapml. In decreasing DPI, my 'resolution' went back to the view I had before and on an odd sidenote, all my files and icons on the desktop reverted to the size they were before but now they are arranged in the same order but in groups with one icon spacing between the groups. I can move them back.

Cleartype alone was the winner. Thanks again prathapml.

Edited by DL

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...