Problems involving bbLean, Emule and dibeng.dll

Hi people

Recently i'm having a problem with these applications: "Emule, bbLean" and this file: "Dibeng.dll"

SYMPTOMS: Always when i close Emule i receive a error saying that bbLean caused a error in dibeng.dll and sometime in gdi.exe After the error it's necessary to restart the OS or open bbLean another time. Until now i only reported this error with Emule

Recently i found a microsoft support page that say about a similar error, but that occur with Age of Empires game. But whare is the patch????????

Page: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=261873

If someone reported the same error, and know how to solve this problem, please post here.

:hello::hello:

But what are you using as a shell ? bblean or the 95 explorer of the other post ?

I think it is not good if you run bblean on top if the explorer shell, especially a downgraded one. There could be maybe conflict between the two in the handling of the eMule tray icon or the desktop display for example.

Don't be too surprised if you crash the DIB engine in those hybrid circumstances.

Especially with eMule which is resource hungry and may already throw you on the red with resources and render you system slightly unstable.

Try disabling the colored bars in eMule as well, that's what sucks the most of the resources.

I am going to tell you now how to GDI crash any 9x OS with eMule : Have lots of items in the download list (more than one or two hundred), color bars on and then just scroll down the list. At some point of your scrolling your system will terminally crash in GDI.exe (White message box with black letters) without warning. If you monitor the resources with the windows resource meter you can see them going down further you scroll the eMule list. And when they have reached 0 and you carry on scrolling, your system crashes.

PS : I have noticed that you are an afficionado of 98 Revolution Pack. Have you got it installed it as well ?

PS 2 : http://box.crackmonkey.us/

Edited by eidenk