[deleted]

EchoNoise

Right-click on the toolbars and select "Customize". You should be able to add the "Print Preview" button to the toolbar from there.

If you're wondering about a registry key or setting that controls this, I have no clue...

If only Windows was that magic! The icon on the toolbar is actually a bitmap-strip but that's irrelevant. All that the icon or bitmap does is visually guide you to that part of the screen where you then click the mouse button. You could put a picture of the moon in place of the printer and it would still print the page so even if you did find the file and change the bitmap, your patrons would still print off pages without a preview.

To implement an actual print preview would require some sort of re-coding of IE which is way beyond me!

The best thing to do would be to right-click on the toolbar and remove the print button. That way the user will have to use File/Print and while they are there, you could educate them into moving one line down to the Print Preview.

Should anyone know how to change the function of the print button, or Ctrl+P for that matter, I would be very interested because I always do a print preview first.

The icon in iexplore.exe doesn't look like the print preview icon. If you notice the magnifier tips to the left, while PP on toolbar tips to the right. I believe the one you are looking for is in system32/shell32.dll Icon group 134

Edited by dman

• 2 years later...