Whoops... Didn't mean to do that...

So, I made a Multi-Boot DVD, (Mostly comprised of Windows XP) and I decided to add a few extra fetures, so I added the Linux NT Password changer utility, grabbed the .IMG file and did a /memdisk \ntpass.img in order to start the thing from my CD shell menu... Well, it didn't like it and stopped responding for a bit, so I hit reset and now I get nothing... At all... The system stopped working altogether now and I'm a bit concerned....

The hard drives start, the CD drives start, everything starts, but there's no POST Beep, and the monitor is never triggered....

What happened?

Its an Athlon 64 3200+, in an A8N-E motherboard with 1GB of RAM, and a GeForce 6200TC PCI-E......

Have a totaly fragged the system?

I've tried removing the CMOS battery and resetting it via the jumers... Nothing....

Try a different power supply, I've seen numerous machines, AMD and Intel that will partially power but not finish post with a partly bad PSU.

Could also be motherboad or processor. Reduce system to minimum config and see what it does, just motherboard, processor, memory and video, see wi it goes further. if not remove video (if its not integrated obviously) when it powers on you should get a beep code indicating no video, if its integrated your out of luck. If no beep and not integrated probably bad motherboard.

Try above test with all memory removed same results apply.

Check your heatsink to make sure this doesn't happen again. Maybe your heatsink isn't cooling enough, isn't seated properly or is missing thermal paste. AMDs need special attention to cooling. If it gets too hot, forget it.