Integration of NVIDIA's nForce RAID and AHCI drivers

Fernando 1

• 2 weeks later...

This Thread was SO, SO, SO Helpful for me. Thanks FERNANDO, i really aprecciate your hard work and tests. :thumbup
You are welcome.

I love such a post, because normally users only give a comment within this thread, if they have a problem. But more than 33.000 viewers cannot been mistaken.

CU

Fernando

ok thanks i will have a play around with the EIO AP1600 ATA133 IDE Controller Card and see if i can get it working without the floppy :)
The integration of the driver for this Sil IDE Controller Card by using nLite should be easy, but what has this Card to do with nForce and Raid? Edited by Fernando 1

Hi, nLite isn't working for me. I'm using spanish windows xp sp1 (slipstreamed & modded), and NF4 AMD drivers. nLite stucks at the preparing selected tasks stage.
Normally nLite should work with regional versions of Windows XP (in your case: Spanish Edition).

What do you mean with "modded"? Maybe is this the reason for the issue with nLite.

You should do the following:

1. Copy the content of the original XP CD (Spanish Edition) into a folder of your HDD.

2. Prepare or download SP2 (Spanish Edition) for Windows XP.

3. Then start nLite again. Begin with slipstreaming SP2 and continue with integrating the nForce SataRaid drivers according to my guide.

CU

Fernando

Normally nLite should work with regional versions of Windows XP (in your case: Spanish Edition).

What do you mean with "modded"? Maybe is this the reason for the issue with nLite.

You should do the following:

1. Copy the content of the original XP CD (Spanish Edition) into a folder of your HDD.

2. Prepare or download SP2 (Spanish Edition) for Windows XP.

3. Then start nLite again. Begin with slipstreaming SP2 and continue with integrating the nForce SataRaid drivers according to my guide.

CU

Fernando

I mean that I added DX 9.0 and updates (svcpack.inf), drivers (using OemPnPDriversPath)...

I mean that I added DX 9.0 and updates (svcpack.inf), drivers (using OemPnPDriversPath)...
If you are starting to create a bootable XP CD by using nLite, don't start with a "modded" system.

Begin with the original XP CD and add or remove all things later by nLite. Otherwise nLite may get problems. The same thing happens, when you change driver integrations or removals after the end of the nLite processing. In all these cases it is better to begin a new nLite processing with a clean OS.

If you are starting to create a bootable XP CD by using nLite, don't start with a "modded" system.

Begin with the original XP CD and add or remove all things later by nLite. Otherwise nLite may get problems. The same thing happens, when you change driver integrations or removals after the end of the nLite processing. In all these cases it is better to begin a new nLite processing with a clean OS.

It didn't work :|

If you want help, I need some more informations.

What kind of system to you have (chipset, Sata/Pata, Raid etc.)?

What have you done?

What happened?

I have nForce 4 SLI, with a WD Raptor SATA (plugged on nvidia sata), no raid. Lastest nLite, Windows XP 32bits.

I tried to integrate the nvidia drivers on the clean Windows XP SP1 installation, and the same happened: nLite doesn't progress, it's at the first stage, the progress bar moves, but it doesn't consume cpu or hdd.

I have nForce 4 SLI, with a WD Raptor SATA (plugged on nvidia sata), no raid. Lastest nLite, Windows XP 32bits.

I tried to integrate the nvidia drivers on the clean Windows XP SP1 installation, and the same happened: nLite doesn't progress, it's at the first stage, the progress bar moves, but it doesn't consume cpu or hdd.

If you have no Raid, it should be very easy, because no driver integration is necessary for the complete Windows XP install. But what you need is an integrated SP2.

So try just to slipstream SP2 into Windows XP, burn that CD with integrated SP2 and boot with it. You can install the nForce Sata drivers later (when the installation is completed).

If you want an nLited CD with integrated nForce Sata drivers, be aware to slipstream XP SP2 as first step of the nLite processing.

If you have no Raid, it should be very easy, because no driver integration is necessary for the complete Windows XP install. But what you need is an integrated SP2.

So try just to slipstream SP2 into Windows XP, burn that CD with integrated SP2 and boot with it. You can install the nForce Sata drivers later (when the installation is completed).

If you want an nLited CD with integrated nForce Sata drivers, be aware to slipstream XP SP2 as first step of the nLite processing.

I slipstreamed SP2 (worked well), but the driver integration didn't work :( (happens the same)