SUS Clients Download Problem

I have an issue with our SUS server here in our company. Here is the story.

We have a SUS server here and all clients where placed in an OU where a GPO is applied so that it would point to our SUS server. We first had a very complex problem with our domain that we need to restore our domain from backup. After the restoration, it was still fine but after I transferred the SUS server role to another server because the original server was to converted to Linux, the clients where not able to download anymore from the server. The GPO was also corrupted, so I thought it needed to be replace with a new one with the same GPO settings but unfortunately, it didn't solve the problem.

Our server running SUS is a 2K server and most of our clients are running 2K Pro and XP PRO.

I need some inputs on what would be the possible cause and solution to the situation.

Thanks!

Since you have "Switched roles" of the servers... I am assuming that you installed SUS fresh and re-downloaded all the updates

Did you try downloading the new WSUS and using the adm file to push down the settings using GP?

There was no error messages telling me that the clients can't download or something. It is just that, since May up to July, the updates that I recently approved mostly were critical were downloaded by the clients. I confirmed this by asking them users and also checking their computer accounts if it is on the OU where the GPO is applied.

If you were referring to the fresh installation of the SUS server on the new server, there were no problems at all when I installed it. Although there were some problems with the syncronization of the 2 servers for the list of updates approved, overall there were no big issues on the installation.