Changing hardware... adding another processor?

jonnyD

I have an 4 year old gateway solo laptop with a pentium 4 processor. Id like to get a newer computer or build one myself at some point soon. The mother board on my laptop has one slot for the processor.

Is there any way to make this motherboard use two processors? Using 2 identical processors.

I ve seen IDE to flash card boards that plug a flash card into the IDE hardrive slot.

Im not sure if this same concept is used to upgrade from one processor to two. Or if its possible at all. Just wanted to check

Thanks

JonnyD

P.S.

I dont care about reinstalling windows softyware or anything.

Erm... no

If your motherboard has one slot/socket you cant have a second CPU, not to mention ive never come across a dual CPU laptop -or- dual P4 setup (only xeons).

Btw if you fundamentally change a system's hardware then chances are you will -need- to reinstall windows.

I do recomend you go and build your own PC, its a good educational experience, just be sure to do your homework before ordering stuff.

Good luck

Edited by ironfist241

Thanks Guys

I didnt think so ...but sometimes im suprized at some of the things i see with computers. I figured that just maybe there might be something i was looking for.

Thanks Again

JonnyD