FlashCredits beta

22:00 14/07/2005

What is FlashCredits?

Originally designed to run before the final restart command flash credits is a simple way of acknowledging the people or applications, or even companies that helped you with your unattended CD. With many formatting tools and image support you could show a personal/company logo as well as custom backgrounds.

Having said this I would be interested to see adaptions of this idea, as would the users on the original Acknowledgements thread.

screen1.jpg

custom text and titles

screen2.jpg

custom image support

The FlashCredits logo in the bottom right is actually the background jpg, also custom.

New version improvements:

-Support for custom jpg backgrounds

-choice of whether to run fullscreen or windowed

-Choose to show music artist and track information

-The text have some multiline support

how to use strings.txt:

strings.txt is where you can customise the slide show by editing the text after the = sign. Be careful not to put spaces between variables in the strings.txt file, otherwise flash interprets the variable differently.

Open up strings.txt in your text editor and change what you want.

Here is a guide of all the variables used in the text file:

&fullscreen=1

Leave as 1 to view fullscreen, anything else to run windowed.

&colorbg=000000

the 000000 represents the 6 digit hex code after the #, use this to change the colour of the background. However this will not be visible if &useBackgroundPic is equal to 1.

&useBackgroundPic=1

Leave as 1 to use an image as the background.

&bgImagePath=bg.jpg

The path to the background image.

&bgImageX=1024

the x-size of your background, in order to centre the image (should be set to 800 if running windowed)

&bgImageY=768

the y-size of your background, in order to centre the image (should be set to 600 if running windowed)

&textColor=FFFFFF

the 000000 represents the 6 digit hex code after the #, use this to change the colour of the text

&titleColor=FF0000

the 000000 represents the 6 digit hex code after the #, use this to change the colour of the titles

&textfontSize=40

The font size of the text, experiment

titlefontSize=40

The font size of the titles, experiment

&useTrackInfo=1

If you want your viewer to see information about the background music set to 1, otherwise set to 0

&musicArtist=Notorious Fluffy G

The Artist of your background music.

&musicTrack=Ratbag Tactics (change)

The Track of your background music.

&useImage=1

Leave as 1 to use an image, anything else will terminate the slide show before the picture appears

&imagePath=image.jpg

local path to your image file

&imageX=512

the x-size of your image, in order to centre the image

&imageY=512

the y-size of your image, in order to centre the image

&useMusic=1

to use music while the slide show is playing, leave as 1

&musicPath=music.mp3

local path to your music file

&useFade=1

whether to use the dynamic fade on the background music

&string_credtitle=Credits

The main title in the slide show, change as appropriate

&string_title1=Driver Compression:

The title text in the slide show, change as appropriate, from &string_title1 to &string_title8

&string_text1=Master Driver Compressors

The text in the slide show, change as appropriate, from &string_text1 to &string_text8

Download: http://www.arkanasoft.com/flashcredits/flashcredits.zip

Size:621KB

To-do list:

-Dynamic music info from mp3 id3 tags, also more choice with text

-transition options

-font?

-and more

Thanks to the peeps on the previous thread for the great support :thumbup

Suggestions??

Edited by Fritz_Saxi

@Fritz Saxi,

Nice little thread. You coul've asked me for permission to edit the 1st page and put

your inputs there. I would've gladly accepted that proposal. In the way you unknowingly killed my thread. Anyway, your last betterment of flashcredits needs some additional improvements:

A. Try to include subtitle and subtext into it. I mean if i've done slipstreaming of SP2, then SP2.CAB into Driver.CAB, then Windows Media Player 10, i need to show credits like below:

System SlipStreaming

Service Pack 2

AAA, BBB, CCC, DDD

Cabinet Integration

EEEEE

Windows MediaPlayer 10

FFFFFFFFFFFFFF

not seperately. If done section-wise, its better.

B. Try to customize your program so that all credits can be run either from the left side or from the right side or as you programmed to run through the middle. All depends on the background.jpg that any user selects.

C. Try to incorporate images by the side of credit names of the contributing people.

D. In the end allow people to show more than one image.jpg; people like me wants to show screenshots of those websites which are run by some of our forum members who pricelessly contributed to the UAXPCD project.

I wish all the success to this thread and particularly to the longivety of your Flashcredits program. Carry on.

Hey dude, just been out over the weekend.

I didnt ask you to edit your post because i thought the new topic idea was a good one, ah well. Let's just concentrate on improving this project.

Thats some nice ideas.

When you say run credits from the left or right, what exactly do you mean? Do you mean allow for aligning the text to the left or right? Or a transition where the text comes from the right or left? If you meant the first then would the option for the aligning be given for the categories title, text and sub titles, or a universal variable for all strings?

The subtitles idea is a good one, and one i can easily fix.

The pictures? You say by the side of a credit, would that be at the end of the line (title, text and/or subtitle) or would it work for the top and the bottom of each slide?

I'm already pondering how i could allow for the use of multipictures, hmmm interesting.

Thanks for the good suggestions. Keep up the feedback!

:)

@Fritz

1. Don't implement Universal variable for all strings. I meant the 1st option. Try to leave option for the aligning be given for the categories title, text and sub titles.

2. Pictures should be at the beginning of every text name or title or subtitle. Incorporate this at first, then we can redefine the position after watching the flash.

3. Here's another food for thought. what you think if i request you to show texts with type-writting effect?

Give your piece of mind. Thanks.

Edited by MOONLIGHT SONATA

@moonlight sonata

Let me see. What i'll try and do is make it so that the slide titles have their own alignment and the slide texts have their own alignment and so on. If you want an alignment variable for every single string on every single page independently, thats a **** lot of strings. What I hope you mean is that there should be a set layout for each slide. ie the title is always in the middle, the first string is always left indented.

I'll try something and you see what u reckon :P

As for the typewriter effect, i'll look into it. It's some mad coding, but i'll try and find out.

I'll also see what i can do about the pictures before every line.

Some more thoughts i need a bit of a hand with now i've sorted out text alignment:

If there is gonna be a picture at the beginning of each line, and you align to the left, there may be some overlap. How big would the dimensions of these pictures be? Please suggest some kind of solution.

Should i leave the first slide as a 1-title heading or make it a fully fledged slide? There would always be the option to leave the other strings blank i suppose.

Any thoughts?

• 3 months later...
This project has died, I suppose?

Dear Bashrat,

I'm really depressed over its demise. Around 19 jul 2005 I made a PM to Fritz Saxi and thereafter he really debunked this project i think. He neither develops the flash nor communicates about it. enthusiasm he showed when i first posted this idea, i think he lost charm about it. :(

I wish if anybody is interested about the flashcredits to develop further...my original thread may be the place to start afresh... ;)

====MOONLIGHT SONATA